If you’re looking for things to add to your to-do list, check out the ultimate Australia travel list.
Lonely Planet has ranked the best experiences across the country, in a new book ranking the top 500 must-do experiences and little-known sights across Australia.
Discover huge monoliths, world-class cultural collections, the largest living room in the world
organism, walks along coastal cliffs and winding roads – and that’s just the top five!
Lonely Planet’s Chris Zeiher says it’s all about getting out there and exploring the country.
“This is a big first for Lonely Planet and Australia,” Mr Zeiher said.
“So many guides talk about places, but these are unexpected hidden gems – the most memorable, beautiful and fascinating experiences.
“We’re excited to launch this and can’t wait to start the conversation about rankings
and everyone’s favorite places.”
Read the top 20 experiences:
2. MONA, Tas
3. Great Barrier Reef, Qld
4. Great Ocean Road, Vic
5. Three Caps Trail, Tas
6. Bungle Bungles, Washington
7. Daintree National Park, Queensland
8. Kangaroo Island, South Africa
9. Dark Sky Park, Warrumbungle,
New South Wales
10. Vivid Sydney Festival, New South Wales
11. Wilson’s Promontory National
12. Kakadu National Park, Northwest Territories
13. Wineglass Bay and Freycinet
National Park, Heap
14. Grampians National Park, Vic
15. Bondi to Coogee Clifftop Walk,
New South Wales
16. Kata Tjuta, Northwest Territories
17. Port Campbell National Park, Vic
18. Rottnest Island, WA
19. Manly Ferry, New South Wales
20. Underwater Art Museum, Qld