It’s finally that time of year we’ve all been waiting for and many of us are already planning our annual vacations. Despite the festive atmosphere around us, the holiday mood can quickly turn sour when the overload of holiday flyers leads to overcrowding, long queues at the airport and tense times if you get the wrong ones. travel guidelines.
You and your family need not succumb to the stress of the holiday rush, because Etihad Airways has you covered. Follow this easy 7-step travel guide/checklist by Etihad and you and your loved ones can enjoy the holidays hassle-free:
- Online registration: Online check-in opens 30 hours before your flight and is available online or through our app up to one hour before your scheduled flight time. When you have checked in, you can simply drop off your bags and drive to the airport
- Verified to fly: The service helps you validate your travel documents and arrive at the airport with confidence knowing that all essential COVID-19 requirements have been met. The service is available from seven days before your flight and you will be able to upload your documents as soon as you receive a negative COVID-19 PCR test result. Approved passengers can use the expedited “Verified to Fly” counters at the airport, or the self-service kiosks and avoid long queues at the airport
- Economy Smart Seats: Book your place at Manage my booking, when you check in online, at the airport or even on board. The Etihad Economy Smart Seating, with its unique “fixed-wing” headrest, makes long-haul flights even more comfortable. They feature adjustable back support and generous leg room to make your journey smooth and comfortable. You can also stretch out with extra legroom in Economy Space or keep an entire row to yourself with Economy Neighbor-Free
- USCBP Facilities: If you are a passenger bound for the United States, you can benefit from Etihad’s US Customs and Border Protection Facility (USCBP) at Abu Dhabi International Airport, which helps you complete all formalities for immigration and customs before you leave. After clearing customs and immigration, there will be no need for further checks when you arrive in the United States.
- Destination Requirements: Find up-to-date visa, entry, testing and quarantine regulations for the destinations you are traveling to, as well as all the important travel documents you need for your trip. With travel restrictions changing frequently, Etihad recommends visiting etihad.com/destinationguide to check the latest updates before the start of the trip
- Baggage allowance: cabin baggage policy is 7kg for economy class and 12kg for first and business class passengers. The maximum cabin baggage dimensions are; height 50cm, depth 25cm, width 40cm. You can also pre-purchase additional hold baggage at special rates before departure on etihad.com or via the app
- Travel insurance: Purchase travel insurance from Etihad Airways for complete protection and peace of mind when travelling, with round-the-clock assistance and assistance. Whether you are traveling for business or leisure, we always recommend that you purchase travel insurance before your trip.etihad.com